Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Cat-tastic: Painting From Sketches


It's been Cat-tastic around here.  Last post I hadn't finished these two kitty paintings yet, so
here are the finished pieces:





 



 
 
In the top painting, instead of masking fluid  to make the whiskers, eyelashes, and fine hairs stand out in white, I used a concentrated amount of white paint on my paper after all of the paint had a chance to dry.  Either technique would have worked, but sometimes masking fluid takes quite a bit of prep and forethought.  I just wanted to wing it.
 
The second painting needed some color to spruce up the background so I used this brilliant blue hue painting wet into wet  to create almost a sky effect.  After the painting was finished, I scanned it again with a cute little birthday hat to have as an option on my website for birthday cards.  Nothing like a cute little pouty cat to say "Happy Birthday" to the one you love.
 
Off to work on a custom Pub painting....
 
Happy Painting!   

No comments:

Post a Comment