Friday, March 28, 2014

Irish Wedding

When I first started my second watercolor studio, Tying the Knots, specifically for custom wedding stationery, Maura and Adam came first.  Literally.  They were the first couple that I worked with and I am happy to say that I am still working with them today.  They wanted me to design every paper element involved starting with their Save the Dates:



Celtic Invites in washes of warm oranges, and rich yellows:



Rsvp Cards with lined, addressed envelopes:



Custom Map of West Clare, highlighting all of the points of interest for the guests:



Information Cards detailing the "Friday Night Sing-a-long" at the local pub and the Sunday Brunch:



Rehearsal Dinner Cards carrying the Celtic Knot theme:



Still in the works: Custom Table Numbers, Name Cards, Menu, Program, and Thank You Cards featuring a sunset over Spanish Point, Ireland, with a signpost.

I couldn't have enjoyed this project more, not only because I get to visit Ireland each day in my design, but because I have had the opportunity to work with such a wonderful family.

This is one of the many aspects that I enjoy about designing wedding stationery~ getting to work one-on-one with brides (and grooms).  I see every design detail from the very beginning to the end product.  I also love learning about amazing venues around the world that I wouldn't have ever otherwise seen (ahh, painting PARADISE!!)~ all of this makes my job pretty close to perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment