Monday, May 5, 2014

Custom Recipe turned into Painting

I had a client contact me recently with a request for a recipe turned into a painting.  I had never done this before, but it sounded like such a great idea, I gladly signed on.

Chantal has a dear friend, Mina Stone, who is a chef, and a designer (designed the blue dress in this Portlandia episode)








So I gathered the information I needed to translate Mina's wonderful recipe of Roasted Whole Fish, Greek style into a painting.   The recipe is all hand-written in script, with a sub-recipe of Latholemono tucked inside of the lemony-yellow envelope.  The roasted fish are placed atop a plate of blue design with a sprig of oregano.  I just recently listed this custom recipe option in Dusty Shamrock Studio~ in the Custom Painting section.




Recipe Turned into Painting - Custom Watercolor Recipe - 8x10 - Chef Gift - Foodie Gift - Recipe converted to watercolor  

My husband has some wonderful hand-written recipes from his late Grandmother Adelina that are on my list for personal projects.  From what I hear, she was a master in the kitchen, and made the best  tamales.  She would roast local red chilis, remove the skin, and mix them into the masa to create the perfect tamales, all wrapped up in a corn husks, ready to steam.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment